Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One word: Sharp


Slicked hair, a nicely tailored double-breasted blue blazer, a colorful shirt, a pocket square, with a distressed jean and a velvet slipper - what a sharp look. I think that what's really great about this picture is how this man makes dressing up look cool. You know, just by looking at him, that he is important and he understands fashion-but has his own take on a mostly traditional outfit.

The Sartorialist shot this man outside the Ralph Lauren spring fashion show last week. I think he makes a great point when he points out that although this exact look might not be for you, it's a great starting point to figure out how you would do it slightly different. I'm on a raw, skinny jean kick so I would probably substitute those - with a large cuff instead of a roll. I'm also a single-breasted blazer kinda guy so I'd probably be wearing that instead. And slippers are a little too old for me - I would much rather be wearing driving loafers. I could go on and on...

Anyway, the point of this is that the look is great and the idea is there-it's just up to you as to how you put it together.

1 comment:

Mr. Vegas said...

Dude we gotta start taking our own pics!!!